West

Best weapons/tools in video games

If you could have any 3 weapons or tools from any video game, what would they be and why?

As far as tools, for instance, imagine if you could have the pickaxe from Minecraft, and it gave you the ability to mine and break down any material from any other game.

• Like 4

1. The Minish Cap from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. Turn tiny with an awesome bird hat. I love it.

2. The Junk Jet from Fallout 4. Ammo is expensive, unless it's junk! Slap some upgrades on it and you have a weapon that is both devastating and cheap to fire. Also, you can pick up whatever you shot, so infinite ammo!

3. A master ball. I'd catch something cool and order it to do cool things. Imagine not being able to ride a tiger into battle.

• Like 3

1. A Skyrim sword of absorb health (self explanatory)

2. Minecraft infinity bow (with flaming arrows of course)

3. The TTT eagleflight gun. For some reason I am absolutely OP with that and can snipe people from across the map (from across any map, in fact) 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think I took the question the wrong way at first – these are innate equipment of characters in certain games:

1. The grappling hook from Just Cause 2. Not only a fun way to get around, but a great teacher of the ancient Tibetan wisdom that "the best way to prevent fall damage is to fall faster."

2. The Engineer’s wrench from TF2. With a bit of scrap metal and good wrench-swinging form, nothing compares to its ability to beat functionality into mechanical or electrical devices. Car trouble? Give it a few solid hits and she’ll be purring in no time. Appliance actively shooting sparks in every direction? Wallop; repeat as necessary. Computer problems? Whack whack.

3. The bionic eye in GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. I’m quite attached to my eye as-is, but this would be a suitable alternative: it lets you alter magnetic and electric energies to hack stuff, deflect bullets, see through walls. You know, the usual stuff.

For items and tools actually acquired, here’s my top 3:

1. The Research Camera from Bioshock. In the game, you can take pictures of things (people, creatures, robots) to learn from and about them. For example, taking pictures of a stealthy/teleporting enemy allows the player to be more effective fighting it, predict its movements, and unlock an invisibility power-up. Extrapolating from there, all I’ve got to do is get close enough to something to learn its secrets. The agility of a squirrel, the strength of a bear, the release date of Half-Life 3… Just a few snaps away.

2. The Zora Tunic from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. Breathing underwater just sounds neat. Not really sure what I’d do with it though – loot the Titanic?

3. The Homerun Bat in Super Smash Bros. Weapon of champions.

Edited by Phallen Cassidy
  • Like 3

1. Goron Mask from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The ability to transform into a creature that can just roll around at quick speeds would allow me to get from point a to point b at a good pace and, if fast enough, might be a suitable replacement for a car. Especially if I get the spikes that stick out.

2. Portal Gun from Portal series. Who wouldn't want to fool around with the ability to move between two separate points instantaneously? Plus imagine all the pranks you could do with it.

3. Last Prism from Terraria. Ability to fire giant rainbow laser. Enough has been said.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zomboid81 said:

1. Goron Mask from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The ability to transform into a creature that can just roll around at quick speeds would allow me to get from point a to point b at a good pace and, if fast enough, might be a suitable replacement for a car. Especially if I get the spikes that stick out.

2. Portal Gun from Portal series. Who wouldn't want to fool around with the ability to move between two separate points instantaneously? Plus imagine all the pranks you could do with it.

3. Last Prism from Terraria. Ability to fire giant rainbow laser. Enough has been said.

I see mobility is a priority for you. Could be a hell of a boss battle to try and pin down, but even when someone did they would still have to worry about Last Prism.

• Like 2

1. The Dagger of Time from PoP:SoT - Need me some of that infinite re-do, plus it's baller as heck

2. Pantheon's Shield from League of Legends - The ability to block anything at all for up to 3 seconds? I'm in. 

3. Vor's Janus Key from Warframe - Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

• Like 2