West

When is a game too old and not worth playing?

Have you ever looked through your library of games and figured some of those games you may have got on sale, but never got around to playing, at this point aren't worth playing because they're too old?

If so why?

For me "too old" is really completely visual. There's a point where games were past pixel art but not yet very good at 3d art (Morrowind, for example). In these cases, the game just looks... ugly. Besides that, though, pixel art that is basically abstract shapes is a bit too out-there for me (so a lot of games in the 80s).

When a game dies is completely relative to the game. For example, Minecraft will (most likely) never die despite being about 10 years old, but on the other hand we have popular Triple A games like COD and Battlefield, I would consider every game that is not the newest in the series to be dead and not quite worth playing (imo). Although, if your vibing a certain type of game or a specific game you should play it and not let the fact that it may be dead discourage you. For me that game is Killing Floor 2, that game is extremely dead, but and my friends still love to go back and play some games of it every once in a while.